1st Class Childcare programming
1st Class Childcare programming is designed to provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment for children aged 19 months and above. Our staff are qualified professionals who are equipped with highest level of qualifications and or experiences to provide exceptional learning experiences that are developmentally age appropriate and supports the child’s physical, emotional, social and cognitive development during these very crucial stages in early childhood development.
Our programming which is based on emergent curriculum allows our staff to plan activities and learning experiences based on the children’s interest and developmental needs while recognizing and respecting every individual’s differences, uniqueness and learning abilities.
Toddlers (12months – 18months)
1st Class recognizes the rapid development of the brain and cognitive skills at this age which are responsible for the development and formation of skills related to reasoning, thinking, and understanding concepts. The 1st Class toddler program is developed to create opportunities to support the children’s curiosities while exploring and learning in safe environment, building skills and coordination. The materials and furniture are age-appropriate with promotes self-help and motivates independence. Our toddlers are given opportunities and time to engage in purposeful work which includes exploring language, music, movement, art, fine/gross motor activities that meet their individual developmental needs. With a mix between structured and non-structured play time, we aim to provide many opportunities for fun and safe learning.
The main emphasis of our Childcare Program is to:
Our All-day childcare programming will focus on fun, active exploration, dramatic play, investigation, physical activities, math/science, arts & crafts, a daily learning circle time, and indoor/outdoor play. Well planned activities and experiences will promote hands-on learning that supports development of the whole child, the monthly themes and learning experiences will be designed to meet the individual learning, development and cultural needs of each child with structured and unstructured activities. The outcomes of the 1st Class All day childcare programing is to build motivation and long-term love and passion for learning while developing lifelong skills such as problem solving, pro-social behaviours, socialization, independent and creative thinking, self-awareness and empathy.
- Creating a program that is inclusive and respects individual abilities, needs and strengths.
- Promoting the social-emotional literacy of the children – teaching them skills to become more interceptive and mindful of their emotions and how to mediate them.
- Language and Literacy is a strong component to our Kindergarten – Care Program. Along with daily reading, storytelling, letter and word recognition, every child will have the opportunity weekly to work on and complete their individual printing work books and daily journals.
- Providing activities and Learning experiences that include Sensory/Art and Crafts, Language/communication and social interaction, Pretend/Dramatic Play, Construction/Block Building, Cognitive/Manipulative Play, Science and Nature experiences, Physical Activities/Active Play.
- Developing children’s self-esteem by ensuring that they feel valued and cared for as individuals.
- Providing additional support to those who have exceptional needs or need one on one support to focus on their growth.
- It is based on the same philosophy as the Pre School/Nursery School programs with the addition of more enhanced experiences created to support learning through exploration, experimentation, problem solving and group discussions while promoting Individual positive self-esteem and confidence.
- To provide a supportive environment in which children can develop their skills, talents and interests.